Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 49

Day 49: Hollywood, CA & Studio City, CA
$0.03 found.

Hollywood Blvd & Taft Ave. 7-11: $0.01
Harvard Westlake Upper School: $0.02

I was expecting to find a lot of money just lying around at Harvard Westlake while working there this year, but so far in three days, I have only found any money today.  One of the pennies was almost underneath a soda machine and the other was on top of a trash can.  I did not realize that money is not often exchanged on campus.  For the most part, the students pay through an app on their phone and do not bother with any cash or change at all.  I suppose that because Los Angeles is such a big city that I probably will not find money unless I am in heavily-trafficked areas or parts of town that are more geared towards tourists than others.  It seemed to be the case in New York - Manhattan - that I was much more likely to find loose change on the ground in places such as Time Square, or the village.  Working up in Studio City, I am much less likely to find change, but if I were to spend a day in, say, Hollywood, I would probably make out like a bandit.  We shall see.  I get to spend the better part of a month and a half in the City of Angels.  Hopefully I can provide you with enough data to draw a comparison between two of the greatest cities in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment