Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7

As my first week on this quest comes to a close, I've noticed that I've definitely been looking down at my feet more often.  Of course, this has been for a purpose, but it's a very different way of looking at the world.  You take more notice of the footwear on the people around you, and spend less time interacting with them, making eye contact, or saying hello.  It also occurred to me that if I somehow average finding $0.10 per day, at the end of the year I'll have found $36.50, which is below my initial estimate, and based on the past week, still a high one.  I've also begun to notice that certain areas are better for finding loose money and that I'm not often frequenting those places.  Perhaps I need to spend more time in train stations, or in food quarts.  Places where money is exchanged with more frequency.  And while I'm sure that some of the money found on the floor in those places is there because of inattention, or mistake, I'm still equally sure that some of that money is there because of contempt and laziness.  And so, as I begin another week, I'll keep my eyes cast downward, ever searching for that elusive dream that the streets in America are paved with gold.



Day 7:  Manhattan, NY
$0.10 found

8th Ave. L Station: $0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment